Last weekend of May…

How hard is that to believe? Next weekend will be the six month mark since my life changed so dramatically, and looking back, all I can say is WOW! I’ve come so far – yet no where at all, really. I still don’t have access to mom’s estate, though progress has been made, I guess, since it’s now with the courts. I’ve learned to do so many things on my own, yet there are still so many things to learn. But most of all, I’m learning to rely on myself and figure things out for myself, and that’s most important.

I put in a load of work on the pool today, cleaning off the cover, draining the last of the water off it, spraying down the edges so no gunk falls in, and then getting Brianna to help me take the cover off and fold it up to put away. This is the first year since getting the salt system that the pool hasn’t looked crystal clear and swimmable upon opening, and I suspect it’s because of a dead waterbag on one side that let the cover gap so stuff could fall in. Not an issue, it’ll get cleared up. I have the hose in now, filling it, and it appears Paul is going to come over on Tues night to teach me how to do the rest of the opening stuff. Meanwhile, I have a salt generator manual to read…

Andre was down on the weekend. It looked like I wasn’t going to get to see him for yet another weekend, since he’d gotten another job for Sat and Sun evenings, but then it turned out he didn’t have to work during the day Sat, so he suggested coming down Fri night after work, and going back directly to work Sat night. It didn’t give us a lot of time together, but what we had was very nice. I enjoy his company a great deal, and it appears he enjoys mine as well. Not going to say anymore than that for now, other than that we’re both on the same page, looking at long term and serious….

I had a rough morning, when things just weren’t working the way they were supposed to. The net to clean out the crud from the cover was torn, so I had to go hunting for a backup one. Then I discovered that the nozzle for the hose was kaputt, so I had to hare off to Home Hardware to buy a new one – picked up salt for the pool while I was there, so made it worthwhile. It just seemed like the amount of work out there is so overwhelming. So much to do, so little money and time, but I CAN do it. I’ll just break it down and do what I can, bit by bit, and afford what I can as I can, and eventually it’ll be ok.

Oh, and I nearly forgot…I had a surprise visitor yesterday…Andre was here, and it was getting close to time to take him to the train station, when there was a knock at the back door. I opened it, and saw a woman on the back step. She said nothing, just looked at me, smiling. I was confused, not recognizing her, and had just opened my mouth to ask who she was and what she wanted when suddenly I realized who she was! My old high school friend Helga! She’s been living in Germany pretty much since college, and has married and raised five children, just like she always wanted. She comes back now and then to visit her family here, and usually tries to stop by to see me, but for one reason or another, we’ve missed one another the last few years, so it’s been probably close to seven years since I’ve seen her! I was so thrilled to see her! She came in and sat down for a while and we talked, catching up on the years. It was wonderful to see her again, and was such an incredible surprise! Really made a great weekend even better!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s