It is the first of February. Everyone has been telling me that 2011 is going to be a better year than 2010 was, so let’s have a look back at the first month.
1. I lost weight. I have now lost a total of 14 pounds, which I am very happy about. Very positive.
2. My mom’s estate is completely in the hands of the lawyer. He seems to be dawdling a bit, but at least now we know there isn’t going to be a problem with my not having a copy of the adoption order. Progress, I think. So positive.
3. Money is tight. Very tight. But there is food on the table, a roof over our heads and most of the bills are being paid. There is also a light at the end of the tunnel, see point number 2 above. This qualifies as neutral, verging on negative.
4. I have a new friend. Those of you privy to my secondary blog will know what I’m speaking of, but this person is a very positive influence in my life right now, and I am happy with that. So yet another positive.
5. I have made decisions. I have come to terms with some things, sorted out others in my mind, and I am at peace with myself. I have a plan mapped out and know exactly what I want to do. The hard part is the waiting for it to all fall into place. Chevy Equinox, anyone? RESPs for the kids? Come on Mr Lawyer, do your thing a little faster please. Overall, this is a very positive thing.
So January has been overall a good month. I am content. Let’s hope February plays out as smoothly.